FMT Blades & Blades Advanced
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) could integrate into your patient/athlete care.
You had to buy expensive tools and attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of utilizing IASTM.
The term IASTM or “Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation” is commonly paired with the image of steel tools and deep tissue work that can cause redness and bruising on the skin. FMT IASTM certification courses introduce the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement with gentle soft tissue techniques. Some of the tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. There are many forms of ‘instruments or tools’ that can assist your manual therapy skills and save your hands! You don’t have to buy an expensive set of tools and attend a class that locks you into one way of utilizing IASTM on your patients or athletes.
FMT IASTM Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy AND you get to keep the tools you use in the class.
FMT IASTM Certifications are intended for healthcare professionals, therapists and fitness professionals with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, LAc, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
FMT Blades – IASTM Certification
FMT BLADES introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The FMT Blades certification will review screening dysfunctional movement patterns and utilizing soft tissue tools to improve patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered. IASTM intervention strategies will also be combined with kinesiology taping and corrective exercise techniques to deliver a comprehensive approach to patient care. workshop, hands-on environment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques.
FMT Blades Advanced – IASTM Certification
FMT Blades Advanced introduces the concept of skin/fascial/nerve gliding and neuro-sensory discomfort* modulation via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. The tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered, along with a review of the concept of interlayer connective tissue gliding using a rubber sleeve for added tissue traction FMT Blades Advanced also addresses discomfort* modulation via specific mechano-reception stimulation using the novel hair comb attachment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with a more advanced understanding of soft tissue techniques.
FMT Blades Objectives
• Understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model (FASCIAL ANATOMY)
• Define and discuss the neuroanatomy of the fascial subsystem – VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENTIATION
• Identify and demonstrate movement screening techniques to identify faulty movement patterns
• Recognize and describe the theory and science of IASTM within the literature
• Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling with functional kinesiology taping to change body-relative movement quality.
• Understand and demonstrate the ability to provide dry fascial gliding to promote improved ROM.
FMT Blades Advanced Objectives
• Define, understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model
• Discover and explore neuroanatomy of the dermal/fascial subsystem
• Recognize and demonstrate skin/fascial glide screening process.
• Describe and interpret the research of IASTM in respect to connective tissue gliding and discomfort* modulation.
• Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling techniques.
• Analyze and critique the most common cutaneous nerve entrapments of the upper & lower extremity and trunk.
• Compare and contrast the ability to provide dry fascial gliding to address cutaneous nerve entrapments.
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join us at world-class events near you.
Join our private Facebook Community.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Treat discomfort* without pharmaceuticals.
Included in FMT Blades
Your FMT Blades registration includes RockBlades 2.0 (for attendees that purchased with course), RockTape 5cm Roll Kinesiology Tape, RockRub Stick and Scissors!
(for attendees that purchased with course)
Roll of RockTape
Included in FMT Blades Advanced
Your FMT Blades Advanced registration includes RockBlades Mohawk (for attendees that purchased with course), 2-point Discrimination Tool, FMT Certified Tee, Skin Marking Pen!
(for attendees that purchased with course)
2-point Discrimination Tool how to