FMT Mobility specialist course
An evidence-informed self-myofascial release course that advances students’ understanding of foam rolling, massage stick work and mobility ball techniques as rehabilitation and performance interventions.
Ideal for range of motion improvement, performance hacks and athletic recovery enhancement.
FMT Mobility Specialist Course is an evidence-informed self-myofascial rolling course that advances students’ understanding of mobility techniques for their patient’s and client’s needs. FMT Mobility Specialist offers a practical framework and a systematic approach for determining why, how, when and where to roll for movement preparation, movement recovery or pain relief. Assessment systems will be presented examining concepts of joint by joint mobility, stability and fascial integrity. These systems will be utilized to direct fun and innovative lab experiences throughout the course.
Functional Movement Training (FMT) Certification courses are taught by industry leading experts in movement assessment, performance and rehabilitation. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, LAc, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. Please click on the date/location you are interested in attending to view complete CEU offering for that course.
Educational Objectives of FMT Mobility Specialist
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
Identify and discuss the history of self-myofascial release/rolling (Self-MFR) techniques.
- Compare and contrast current foam rolling research studies.
- Discuss and critique neurological vs mechanical physiological effects of self-myofascial rolling techniques.
- Compare variables of ‘how’ we roll, including depth, duration and rate of rolling and the effects on the underlying tissue and patient/client outcomes.
- Compare variables of ‘why and when’ we roll, including for movement preparation, movement recovery and pain relief.
- Discuss, screen and apply joint by joint mobility and stability MFR techniques to explore a system of ‘where to roll’.
- Discuss, screen and apply facial chain mobility MFR techniques to explore a system of ‘where to roll’.
- Discover and experiment with various self-myofascial release application techniques for common complaint locations such as spine, upper and lower extremities.
Included in FMT Mobility Specialist
Your FMT Mobility Specialist registration includes the below, a $190 retail value worth of product!
GRID Foam Roller
MB1 Massage Ball
Mobipoint Massage Ball
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Training (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join us at world-class events near you.
Join our private Facebook Community.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Treat discomfort* without pharmaceuticals.